Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, August 20, 2012

53

Wow, I hit my year mark this week! It's been great so far. I hope that I can continue to learn at the rate that I have this past year. The lessons that I have learned have been invaluable. I am on the life-long path toward true conversion. Lately I have learned the importance of setting goals. I am going to try to use that skill to make the most of the time that I have left.

Another tool that I have learned the importance of is using a study journal. I use it to write down what I've learned in personal and companion study in the mornings, jotting down notes from church or conferences, lessons learned/to teach, setting goals and actions, and recording spiritual impressions. Totally awesome!

This week has been great. On Wednesday we taught the Mezey family. The husband has been less-active for a while and his wife and six kids are not members. They have begun meeting with us so that they can be baptized and eventually go to the temple where they want to be sealed as a family. They recognize this as something that will help them increase love and unity in the home and family. We have met with them twice this week and we have invited them all to a baptismal date on September 15th! They accepted and are excited. Their oldest is 14, and she loved girls camp this summer. Their youngest is under a year, and he and one other sister are under the age of eight. They are an awesome family.

Another miracle this week was the Zuniga/Alvarado family. The wife is a less-active member and she has five children. She wants her oldest, Lupi (who is eight), to take the lessons and be baptized. We have also begun teaching the father, Edgar. They both want to be baptized in September! They have set their baptismal date for the 22nd. We are so excited!

We are hoping and praying for seven convert baptisms next month. That is incredible! The Lord has blessed us immensely. Elder Brook and I are doing our best to keep up with the people we are teaching. Life is good. Love ya!

(random picture: CFA. That's right, this side of Stockton is my turf)

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628