Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, September 24, 2012

58

On Saturday Edgar Zuniga and his daughter, Lupita were baptized. It was awesome! The service went fairly smoothly. Elder Brook baptized Edgar and I baptized Lupi. After the baptisms Elder Brook and I gave the family a quadruple combination with their last name on the front. I am so happy. Nothing sweeter than baptizing truly converted souls as a missionary. I'm so proud of Edgar. He has shown willingness and humility in following Christ. He will be a great asset to the Valley Oaks ward and a great member of the church.

Yesterday we confirmed both of them in sacrament meeting. Bishop Michael confirmed Edgar first and then asked me to confirm Lupita. She was my first confirmation! What a joy.

Edgar and his wife, Cynthia, have been having struggles with their landlord and are going to be moving this week. They're looking for an apartment in the area, and we're praying that they will find one in the ward. It will be harder to retain them and keep them active in another ward if they move out of the area. But God is in control. He knows what is best for them.

Well, other than that, nothing else of interest has happened this week. We've been finding new investigators, helping investigators with baptismal dates, and teaching. Good stuff! I love being a missionary. Love you all,

Elder Andrew

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628