Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, January 16, 2012

22

This week was pretty crazy. On Wednesday I got a ride to my new area, the Jackson and Ione wards. We cover the whole county of Amador and get 2000 miles a month for our truck (in Folsom we only got 950). Look it up on Google, it's huge! The second largest area in the mission. I love it, it's pretty rural. There are about 10 small sleepy towns around here and a lot of ranches. We're in the foothills of the Sierras. I want to stay here the rest of my mission!
My companion, E. Harral. This is his last transfer, so he goes home in 5 weeks. He is from Highland, UT. He's definitely a geek :) He likes gaming and numbers and computers. Interesting guy, I haven't quite figured him out yet.
Our apartment is really nice! It's clean and there are no bugs. But we live by ourselves, which is kinda boring. The closest missionaries are 45 minutes away, and they are our district leaders, E. Boeke and E. Jones.
For p-day today we played 3 hours of the board game Risk, Lord of the Rings version. E. Jones is top left in the picture, Harral in the middle, and Boeke on the bottom right. Man, that game was boring. I made them promise that we'll play one week if we can do something outdoors next week. There are tons of old gold mines and caverns, so we'll find something fun.
Yesterday I was able to go back to Folsom for Eric's baptism! That was so cool. I got to meet Amos's new missionary, E. Bishop. It was great to see my old ward and Eric get baptized. I miss them!

--



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628