Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 21

This was the last week of the transfer! Last Monday E. George and I hiked a trail to Folsom Lake and explored around. On Tuesday Amos had a root canal done and it got infected the next day, so we had to stay in for a couple days....

Yesterday I met Bro. and Sis. Jackman, Bro. J's parents! They live here in the 5th ward. He teaches the addiction recovery program on Sunday evenings, and I've been trying to get one of our investigators to it. If he's anything like the seminary teacher Ryan Jackman, he's an excellent teacher.

Last night we got our transfer calls from one of the assistants. I'm getting transferred to Jackson and Ione, in the Lodi stake! I'm way stoked. My zone leaders, George and Choi, put "send him to the city" on my transfer report, but my new area are small towns in the hills about 45 minutes from anything else :) We live by ourselves and get a truck to drive. I haven't met him yet, but my new companion is Elder Harral. This is his last transfer before he goes home. And Amos is training! This will be the second brand new missionary for these wards in a row. Crazy. Amos will make a good daddy :)

In anticipation of my getting transferred, we went over to Jody's yesterday and warned her that I'd probably be leaving. She hates it when the missionaries get moved. Since I didn't have my camera for her baptism, we took pictures with her and her grandkids, Izzy and Izzo. I'm gonna miss them!

It's been a good transfer with Christmas, New Years, being companions with Amos... I'm going to miss Folsom 4th and El Dorado Hills. I've made a lot of friends with the members and others that live in my area. I'll miss the missionaries, too. But that's just the way missions go!

--

Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

PS check it out: createfan.com


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628