Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, May 7, 2012

38

Our zone went to Big Trees today. It was fun.
 
This week was great. Steve was sick this week, so we didn't meet and he wasn't able to attend sacrament meeting. We are teaching other people, but Steve has been one of my most solid, steady investigators. I have seen him progress from four months ago to now. We have shared many spiritual experiences and discussions. I want so much for him to be a part of this gospel. Steve is awesome.
 
An insight from my personal study this week: 1 Nephi 19:23
 
"And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning."
 
Preach My Gospel states that to liken is to "create a mental bridge between understanding the doctrine and living the doctrine." Living the doctrine of the gospel comes from first understanding it, and then becoming personally committed, or converted. I love "likening" the scriptures to situations that I'm in and to my life. In my teaching I have been able to use specific stories and circumstances in the scriptures and apply them to the lives of others. It has been a joy. One of my greatest desires is to become a powerful and persuasive teacher, and to teach from the scriptures. I love teaching and guiding others to things that have made me happy.

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628