Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, April 30, 2012

37

Last week for P-day Shaundy, a member in our Jackson ward, took us through Labyrinth, an area of granite bedrock that miners had exposed through hydro-blasting in their search for gold. In the picture I'm on the top, Elder Gottfredson is below me, E. Smith is to the left, and E. Barrow is to the right. It was a fun hike.
 
On Saturday our Jackson ward did a Mormon Helping Hands service project. We painted and worked at the Amador County fairgrounds. It was a great project and a few less-active members showed up. We hope to start teaching a family who came with a 12 year-old son who has not been baptized.
 
One of my favorite things to do is give priesthood blessings. Many people, active members who request blessings included, have told me later that they have been healed, have been comforted, have had the things they were worried about go well, and have felt the power of the priesthood. One brother, after a dinner we had with him and his family, requested a blessing for unstable circumstances at his work. I was asked to speak the words of the blessing, and I listened to the promptings of the Spirit the best I could as I spoke. This week he told me that the things he feared at work had blown over, and he thanked me for giving him a blessing. Another member, less-active, came down with an illness in the hospital, and requested a blessing to recover. Now he is working and healthy, better than he has felt in years. Steve has received a blessing from Bro. Martinez and us as well. I know that the priesthood is God's power. It's such a gift from heaven to worthily hold the priesthood and bless the lives of others. I love it.
 
On Sunday Steve came to church! I was so excited. We cover two ward that meet at the same time, and we were expecting to have investigators show up in both wards. So we organized an exchange, and I went to Ione ward while my companion attended Jackson ward with Bro. Martinez and Steve. Steve really enjoyed it, and I think that he felt the Spirit there. I am so happy to see him progress. He is probably my favorite person that I have taught.

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628