Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, April 23, 2012

36

It's been a great week. On Tuesday I was on exchange with Elder Hock (our zone leader and the most charitable missionary in the mission) in the city of Lodi. That was fun to be in the city again, but I sure appreciate my area. Elder Hock and I have a lot in common and I learn a lot from him. That's the purpose of exchanges, to learn from your leaders and become a better missionary.
 
On Wednesday my companion, the district leader, had a meeting with all the other leaders and trainers in the mission, so I got to be with E. Talbot from Rexburg, Idaho. He's a new missionary being trained in Galt. We studied (an extra hour for new missionaries) and then went to the Galt flea market to contact people and try to get return appointments. There were a ton of people! I got excited, I hadn't talked to that many people in one place before. Elder Talbot is amazing too. He's way ahead of where I was when I came out.
 
On Thursday we taught our friend Steve again. We explained to him the Plan of Salvation. The plan of salvation is the hardest lesson for me to teach, mainly the spirit world and the kingdoms of glory. I want to be able to teach it right out of the scriptures, but I'll learning how to teach with the scriptures and in my own words too. It was a little different teaching the plan of salvation to Steve too because he's blind and we normally use a visual aid in that lesson to show where we came from, what we're doing here, and where we go when we die. But it was a good lesson.
 
On Saturday it was hot. Only 88 F, but that's the warmest it's been this year so far. It didn't help that Ione ward had their Mormon Helping Hands project, painting fire hydrants yellow and the surrounding curbs red. We came and helped. We all wore those yellow vests that say "Mormon Helping Hands, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, mormon.org"  In all the neighborhoods that we painted, everyone asked what the event was. It was a great proselyting opportunity, evening though we weren't in a white shirt and tie :) Next week we are helping Jackson ward with their Helping Hands project at the Amador Fairgrounds. We'll probably be painting again.
 
Later!
 
(the pictures are of the Galt flea market and E. Talbot)

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628