Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, October 22, 2012

62

Well, the Mezey's were not baptized this weekend. They want their father to baptize them all and he should get the Aaronic Priesthood next week, so the baptisms has been postponed until then. On the bright side, this week our other progressing investigator, Janey, quit smoking and has set her baptismal date for November 3rd! She is amazing. Jacob Lemon is still set for the third as well!

Edgar and his family moved into their new place permanently this week. They are doing great and Edgar should be getting the priesthood soon. Tom is solid... he enjoyed Stake Conference this weekend. He should be getting the priesthood soon too.

Next week is transfers, so you won't hear from me until Tuesday. I feel like I'm probably leaving, maybe to be a district leader. Our zone leaders gave us our transfer reports (how our progression, skills, growth and abilities are measured by our mission leaders every six weeks) and mine said to leave Valley Oaks and be a district leader. We'll see. I know being a district leader will be hard, but I think I'm ready for the challenge. District leaders are usually over 2 or 3 companionships and they provide training every week in district meeting. They go on exchanges with all the missionaries in their district and help them in their areas. The missionaries in their district report their proselyting efforts to the district leader, which he reports to the zone leaders. The zone leaders report to the assistants to the president, and they report to the mission president.

I sure love this place. Stockton is great. I love the people that I have taught and the ward members that I have worked with. Life is good!

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628