Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

66

Happy Thanksgiving! It's been a long week without pday on Monday, but all day today is pday. We are going with the Taylor family in our ward to a restaurant in Old Sacramento. Elder Villalva and I are pretty excited. After that we will come back and eat with the family that we live with, the McClellans. They have had all their kids and grand kids home this week. All this is new to Elder Villalva, of course they don't have Thanksgiving in Ecuador. We decided to fast this morning before eating two dinners this evening :)

Investigator update: Claire is getting baptized this Saturday! She has waited so long for this. She overcame coffee and has a testimony. Before she lived here she lived in my old area of Amador County where she met the missionaries. She moved to Wilton with her less-active husband and the missionaries tracked her down and have been working with her for years.

Steve! Remember Steve Larson in Jackson ward? He is getting baptized this Saturday as well. He is my favorite investigator/best friend that I taught. Elder Gurr has been working with him, and he received an answer to his prayers after listening to General Conference. He is awesome.

Jocie in Wilton ward has also set a baptism date for December 29th. Oh yeah.

We added a new investigator named Cheryl in the Wilton ward also. She is so humble and willing and prepared. When I think about all of the investigators and people that have been prepared to hear the gospel, each of them have had a great friend or family member that has led them to the church. It's a testament that we need to share it with everyone.

Well, here's my thank-timony --
I am so thankful for my mission. I love it. I am grateful for my family that loves me and supports me. I am grateful that I have such an awesome companion and a great district. I am thankful for President and Sister Lewis and the guidance they give me. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and the prayers that He answers. I am eternally grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Well, love you all and have a great Thanksgiving! (write ya on Monday)

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628