Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, March 11, 2013

82

This week was awesome!!! It was so great. I'll just tell you a couple of the highlights:

We added four new investigators. Two of our investigators have baptism dates for March 30th, Cortney and Cassandra. They are so SOLID. Cortney was the one that just walked into church last Sunday with her little daughter. She had been to church and taught by the missionaries three years ago but her husband wasn't so keen about it so she left it for a while. They moved to Florida and now she just recently divorced him and came back to the church because of the Spirit she felt the first time. We found Cassandra when one of our members had us come over and give her a blessing. She has such an appetite for learning the gospel. This week when we have come to teach her she has had a new friend over to hear the lesson with us every time! One of them, Tonya, sat in for the first time while we taught the Word of Wisdom to Cassandra and her other friend Matthew. We weren't sure how well Tonya would take the Word of Wisdom for a first lesson, but since then she told us that she has been searching for something more in her life and she really wants to learn more. Wow.

Ok, so those were just a few of the miracles this week. A few more: we had EIGHT investigators to church! In our Placerville ward Elder Finnerty and I blew our weekly goals for lessons out of the water. As a mission we hit new highs for many key indicators. This is big. I feel like Elder Finnerty and I are seeing a confirmation of our faith. The last couple weeks have been the trials of our faith, but the Lord has seen fit to bless us with much success. (Ether 12:6)



And of course the best part of our week was the baptism of Heston Schmucker. He has turned his life a complete 180 and has waited for a long time for this day. It was such a good baptism. Before he stepped down into the font, he said, "Cannonball!" Everyone laughed. Can't say I've ever heard that one from an investigator :) After his baptism he bore his testimony and I wish I had the time and the finger strength to type it all down but it was the sweetest purest testimony ever. I just love Heston.

This is the greatest time of my mission! I love the work, I love my companion, I love the scriptures, I love the Spirit, and I love the Lord.

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628