Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, March 25, 2013

84


Sis. Loli (AUS), E. Russell (UT), Sis. Hale (TX), Elder Knotts (UT), Sis. Burchette (TX), E. Gaskill (CO), E. Haag (UT), E. Andrew, E. Seaman (TN), Sis. Solomon (UT), E. Ashdown (UT), E. Parrish (ID) and kneeling E. Finnerty (UT), E. Morley (UT) and Sis. Breuer (GER).

What a big week. I start off by telling you about our P-day last Monday. The sisters organized a trip for our zone to Ice House Lake in the mountains. The Gomms and another member took  for all of us to fit in and we had lunch and hung out at the lake and hiked around. There was still a little snow but the weather was perfect. Only one companionship from the zone couldn't come with us. We thought about taking this picture and putting on it, "El Dorado Zone -- South Lake Tahoe" and sending it to President (Lake Tahoe is out of our mission). Haha!

On Wednesday President Lewis came to our place and joined us for companion study and then went out teaching with us. The last time I went out with President Lewis was when I was being trained and it was an awesome experience. Thursday was the same. We had a study about faith and I learned something interesting. He said, "The Lord is intent on our growth." Maybe if we broke the "highwater mark" (which is 12 baptisms in a month in this zone) we wouldn't learn what God wants us to learn. I try to learn everything I can from both good and bad experiences.

On Saturday we attended a regional YSA fireside with Elder Dallin H. Oaks. Before the fireside started Elder Finnerty and I saw Elder Oaks in the hall before he went into a bishops office. We waited there until he came out 20 minutes later and said to a group of priesthood holders (who were his security), "I want to shake some hands. I'll start with the elders here." He asked us where we were from and after we told him he smiled and make a comment about "good Utah boys." As I met him it struck me how humble he is. Elder Oaks is a Apostle! But he doesn't seem to have an ounce of pride in him. In his address he also talked about faith. "Trust is a synonym for faith. Trust in the time of the Lord. Don't ask yourself 'What am I doing wrong?' Ask yourself, 'What more can I do that is right?' We must ask the Lord for help to do what He wants us to do." At the end of Elder Oaks talk, he bore the simplest, most powerful testimony of the Savior. I know that the prophet and apostles that lead this church are true.

Next weekend four people in the Placerville ward are committed to be baptized! Jon and Michelle Bius, Cassandra Durante, and Cortney Lindeque. I am so happy! This will be such a special day for them and for us and the ward. I know that the Lord sends His prepared people to His prepared servants. Elder Finnerty and I asked President Lewis to attend and he is planning on it. This will be the most memorable Easter of my life.

And now we have General Conference in two weeks! YAY!!!

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628