Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, April 1, 2013

85



Four precious souls entered the waters of baptism this Saturday! From left, Cortney Lindeque and her daughter Riley, Michelle and Jon Bius with their daughters Alyiva and Emily, and Cassandra Durante and her daughter Willow. These are such special people. I can only express what I feel from the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants, section nineteen:

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;... And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me! Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my salvation.... And as many as repent and are baptized in my name, which is Jesus Christ, and endure to the end, the same shall be saved."

These are the beginnings of eternal families. This is the gospel of Jesus Christ, and what happiness it brings! This is the Lord's work, and I am so happy to be a part of it. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I bear testimony that He lives and that He loves us.

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628