Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

86

Sorry but this is going to be a short one. Transfer calls came and I'm outa here. I was really praying and fasting that Elder Finnerty and I would stay for a third transfer together and we even talked it up with the assistants, but it didn't happen. I guess that I need another place to learn. I'm going to the bottom of the mission, in Manteca zone to serve with Elder Grow. I'm excited because he's a spanish missionary so I will be able to practice my spanish with him. But I'm afraid that it won't get any better than this -- this has been the greatest time of my mission. Elder Finnerty is my best friend.

General Conference was this week! I loved it. It was just so great. My favorite talk was Elder Holland's about faith. Elder Holland's brother lives in our ward and we had dinner with him and his wife last week. We asked if they knew what Elder Holland was going to speak about, but they just told us that the only thing they could know was that he was speaking in the Sunday afternoon session. But anyways, I LOVED Elder Holland's address! "Fan the flame of faith!" He told us a similar message when he came to our mission over a year ago. "Keep the flame of faith alive!"

I'm exceedingly sorrowful to be leaving El Dorado. This feels like home! But that's just the way life goes. Love you all!

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628