Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, April 29, 2013

89

My mom in her email today told me that I need to put more pictures on here. I love Manteca, but there really is nothing to take pictures of. Just houses, fields, and roads. I'll try to be creative this week :)

This week was good. We added many people to our teaching pool! And we found a miracle investigator that showed up to the YSA ward yesterday! Her name is Rebecca and she is dating Robert, a member. She said that she was raised Catholic, but she has found that her beliefs are more aligned with what we believe. Rebecca is willing to exercise her faith and interested in being baptized. We are teaching her the first lesson tomorrow. We are so excited for Rebecca.

On Thursday I went on exchanges with Elder McLaws, one of our district leaders. It's been really cool to serve around more and more of the members of my MTC district. Elder Dahl is one of our assistants, and in my last zone Elder Mangum was a district leader. Eight of the original ten of us are in leadership. We have such an awesome group. And my companion actually entered the MTC the same date that we did, but he's a Spanish missionary so he stayed another 6 weeks after we left.

On Friday our zone had interviews with President and Sister Lewis. I love them. President Lewis is an amazing scriptorian and every time I study with him I learn something new. I told him today in my letter that I wish I could just do companion study with him every morning! He understands the principles and doctrines of the gospel more than I can ever hope to.

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628