Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, May 13, 2013

91

This week has been awesome! We taught Rebecca the "Big 3" (Word of wisdom, law of chastity, tithing) and she is committed! We are excited for her baptism on the 25th of this month. And we found a miracle investigator this week as well. Her name is Shannon. She is renting a room from one of our member families and we met her about a month ago. On Friday my companion and I felt prompted to visit her. When we knocked on her door she answered and told us that she didn't really have time right then but would like it if we could pray for her. We did, and after that shared a brief message about faith, repentance, and baptism. We set a return appointment for the next day.

The next morning Shannon called us and had to reschedule for later that day but told us that our message really hit home for her the day before. When we went to teach her, she had questions like "How do you get faith?" "How do you repent?" Shannon is really trying to change her life. She told us that the day previous right before we knocked on her door she had just decided to make some difficult changes in her life and was overwhelmed with how she was going to do it. Now she is applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ and striving to live the gospel. This has to be one of the greatest things to witness -- someone changing their life to enjoy the joy and peace of the gospel. Reminds me of Alma 7:11-16. Shannon doesn't have a date yet, but she will be baptized soon.

Yesterday I got to call home! My parents complained that I haven't put any pictures on here for too long, so here you go:



This is me and my companion, Elder Grow, right after zone sports today. Elder Grow and I bought water balloons and spent the morning filling ~250 of them up and right in the middle of playing soccer with our zone we ran and pelted our missionaries with them! It was hilarious. So yeah, that's why I'm a little wet in the picture :)

It was so good to talk with my family yesterday! My companion and I were eating dinner with one of our families with a son on a mission and they said something that really made me think. The said that they hope that when their son comes home from his mission that he notices a difference in them. They don't want to be the same people that he left a year and a half ago. I've always thought about that the other way around, that I want to be the one that others notice a change in. But as I spoke with my parents and my siblings I really could notice a difference, in every good way -- testimony, commitment, and conversion. I sure love them.

I know the Church is true!

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628