Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, June 3, 2013

94

I know, it's late in the evening - don't worry I'm not disobedient. The assistant's gave us permission to email late because today we went to Coloma! For their last summer in the mission, President and Sister Lewis take the missionaries up to El Dorado (my last area!) for a tour of Gold Country - where gold was first discovered in California in 1848. Not many people know that the Mormon Battalion was involved in that discovery. Four of us missionaries made the pilgrimage from Manteca this morning to join 20 other departing missionaries in the tour. This picture is of me with President and Sister Lewis at the end of the tour where we went gold panning. Didn't find anything, except for lasting relationships with my mission president and other missionaries. I'd say it was worth it ;)



While we were panning we saw a few paddle and oar boats float by. I felt like I was in my element! I caught whitewater fever really bad.

This week was good. More stuff is going on in our family ward than YSA right now. Dylan and Shannon are currently MIA right now, which is really challenging. I really felt like they felt the power of the Spirit and the gospel when we taught them and when they came to church. Hopefully the seed of faith continues to be nourished in their hearts.

I love you all!

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628