Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, June 24, 2013

97

This week was AWESOME! Megan received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday in sacrament meeting, and then bore her testimony afterwards. Her story is just incredible. This work is so true!

I just want to bear my testimony of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. When Joseph Smith knelt in that sacred grove of trees in 1820, he saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. They called him to be a prophet and to bring back the true gospel of Christ that had been forgotten, distorted, and lost centuries ago; after the crucifixion of our Savior. We have a prophet today, Thomas S. Monson, and the holy priesthood. I testify that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that we are led by a modern-day prophet. This message is so sweet.

I loved the world-wide broadcast yesterday of the "Work of Salvation." The Lord is hastening this work! The need to teach the gospel has never been greater. After the broadcast last night my companion and I asked President Lewis if we could extend our missions (sorry family, I love you guys, but I don't want to quit). He told us that Salt Lake tells him "no" before he gets the words out of his mouth to ask them! Oh well, I know that I will continue to see miracles in the great work of member-missionary work in the not distant future. I've realized that this desire is because of the love of the Savior that I feel, and in return want this feeling for every single one of my brothers and sisters. I learned in the "largest zone conference ever" last night that missionaries and members alike, our goal and our purpose is the same:

To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

This is a spiritual work and it must begin on our knees. We will not fail if we do our best. Always act on the promptings that you receive immediately. The Lord will sanctify our efforts.

I love you all! Love,

Elder Andrew

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628