Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, July 8, 2013

99

This week was AWESOME. Elder Fullwood and I have seen miracles. I'm really impressed with his faith and spiritual power. In several lessons this week we have been teaching and Elder Fullwood has stopped and helped our investigators recognize the Holy Ghost witnessing the truthfulness of our words. We have added some great in investigators from the finding tool "The Savior's Peace and Blessing." We were looking for a referral without an exact address. A couple kids were playing outside of one home and so we asked if their parents were home. The father, Sam, came to the door and we told him that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and we are here to bless his home. The referral that we were looking for didn't live there, but after the initial hesitation Sam agreed to let us in for a few minutes. We met his wife Christina and all of their children. We gathered their names and needs and knelt and I offered the blessing. The Spirit was strong and Christina was in tears. Sam told us after we paused for a moment at the closed of the blessing that it wasn't by coincidence that we came to their house just as they were in the living room together, struggling with the trials of life, waiting for something. We were an answer to their prayers. It is humbling to be an instrument in God's hands to help His children.
 
It's the greatest thing in this world to be guided by the Spirit as we work. I feel like I've noticed it more and more as I've gotten closer to the close of my mission. I'm learning these things to prepare me for the rest of my life. I know this power is real, that God lives, and Jesus Christ is my Savior. This Church is true.

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628