Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 6

Happy fall! The past few days have been lovely out here. Cool, a little breezy, just nice. I rode my bike for the first time this week. It's a lot heavier than my mountain bike, but it was fun.

I'm pretty stoked for Conference. My companion and I will probably go over to member's houses and watch it with our investigators. Speaking of Conference, guess who's on page 41 of the General Conference Ensign May 2011? Kyle Cannon with a family on his mission. Cool, huh?

Every P-day our zone gets with another nearby zone and plays a sport. Last week was football, and this week was ultimate frisbee. I've seen a few of my buddies from the MTC district! It's been great to talk to them and see how mission life is going. We have all grown and learned so much.

Well, I don't have much to say this week, so I'll just talk a little bit about my area. In Folsom and El Dorado Hills there are many gated communities with very nice houses. The members there are very nice, but others are rude. We try to tract in normal neighborhoods and apartment complexes. I've have seen SO many BMWs. On the drive from Folsom to El Dorado there is a long road over these beautiful golden rolling hills, and at one point, you can see the Sierra Nevadas... waaaay off in the distance. It's really pretty. Then we're back in the city. The American River is SO pretty. I just want to jump in so bad. I hear it has really good rafting, too. Some moments I wish I wasn't a missionary... I guess I'll just have to come back after my mission. The wards and the members are very similar to our wards back in Utah, even most the women dress the same. Our bishops and ward mission leaders are so great, they're such a help.

Quote I like from this week: "One filled with joy preaches without preaching." Mother Theresa

Well... the Church is true. I love you. Byahh.

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628