Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 7

Dear Friends and Family,
 
How'd you all like General Conference? It was incredible. I have been looking forward to it for weeks. General Conference for missionaries is kinda different. Before my mission I didn't realize the importance of the words of a Prophet and Apostles. I was a little apathetic even. Now it's night and day difference. Every missionary says the same. This Conference I was truly uplifted. Here in California we watch the live sessions at 9am and 1pm, so it's at the same time in Utah. It was great to sing, pray, and learn with all of you.
 
I learned a lot about missionary work in the inspired messages of this Conference. Pre-mission, I wish I would've been been more involved with missionary work and better prepared to share the gospel. I loved the scripture that Richard G. Scott quoted, that we must always be prepared to share the message of the gospel wherever we are. 1 Peter 3:15 "...be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you..." Share your beliefs, share your testimony, share your love.
 
I also love the Golden Questions (questions used by missionaries to make people really think and open their hearts) "What do you believe about Jesus Christ? What are you doing because of your belief?" I'm going to use that one this week :) It's bold, but that's our job.
 
Other than Conference, nothing really exciting happened this week. On Tuesday I cut my own hair! My companion has a hair-cutting razor thing, and let me borrow it. I cut it way short! I can barely part it. It looks pretty funny, but it's starting to blend in a little bit.
 
One evening this week we had dinner at the Holtry's. They are an older couple in the ward. When I told them I was from Moab, they said on their mission they knew an elder from Moab too! They told me they served in Spokane, WA about 5-6 years ago. They couldn't remember the elder's name, but he was a riverguide and a fast runner. "Elder Stucki! Yeah, I love the Stucki family, they live down the street from my home and we're great friends." I told them what I knew about Ryan and what he's doing now.
 
Love!
 
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
 
PS It's good to hear Brian and Angela are back! Tell them hi :)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628