Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 9

Today... is the last day of my first transfer! A transfer lasts six weeks. I'm staying with Elder Forster in Folsom. This will be E. Forster's fourth transfer in Folsom. I'll probably stay in this area another transfer after this, but get a new companion in December. Also, I'm two today! Only 22 more months left... it goes by fast.
 
In December our mission has what we call a "White Christmas." Even though it doesn't snow here, our "white Christmas" is a goal to baptize many truly converted people. We've set a goal to baptize 101 people for the whole mission in the month of December! That's a big number, but the reason it's a hundred and one is to put emphasis on the one. It's exciting work! I'm excited for investigators I teach during my first year on my mission because that means that if they stay worthy and keep progressing, they'll be able to go through the temple in one year, while I'm still out here. I would love that, to attend the temple with the people that I have taught and grown to love.
 
I'm excited for my first Christmas in the mission! It's an all-day P-day, we get to call home, and we get to go to the temple. The mission office holds all packages to missionaries received in December until a few days before Christmas. If you send anything, I would love stuff like music, ties, and pictures. Please send pictures! I want to see what you guys are doing. And, I love pictures of mountains! Sacramento doesn't have a lot of those :P pictures of Moab, the river, torn-out pages from calendars ... I'd love that. Keep in mind there's also rules for the music we listen to. To quote the white handbook, "do not listen to music that pulls your thoughts away from your work, merely entertains, has romantic lyrics or overtones, or dulls your spiritual sensitivity by it's tempo, beat, loudness, lyrics, or intensity." I like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, acoustic guitar, banjo, folk-y type music, Disney soundtracks, and I've even started to like Enya? And ties, they have to be "conservative in color, pattern, width, and length." I can't wear light-colored ties like yellow or light blue, that's considered "apostate" :) But I love polyester ties!
 
Well, it's a short one this week... I don't have much to report, just working hard. I promise I'll write more soon. I love you,

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628