Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, February 11, 2013

78



My companion and I just got back from slacklining. We did our studies, cleaned our room and bathroom, and shopped before we met with the zone at the stake center for sports. We played volleyball and basketball and then Elder Finnerty and I found a grassy area under some oak trees to set up a line. We borrowed a Gibbon slackline from Br. Nuttal, a councilor in the YSA ward. Elder Finnerty is HOOKED. He says he's going to get one after the mission. The picture is of Elder Morley from SLC, slackin' from proselytin'.

On Saturday I went on exchange with Elder Gaskill from Colorado Springs into Spanish work. He's been on his mission for about a year. He is an amazing missionary. As he taught in Spanish I could understand mostly what he was saying and the investigators were saying, but I really couldn't put together the little words I know into phrases. As I listened to Elder Gaskill teach and testify of the Restoration of the gospel with his own conviction, I could feel the Spirit powerfully and I knew that the people we taught felt the Spirit.

Lauren is set to be baptized next weekend!!! She asked me to baptize her :) I am honored, and so happy.

Yesterday was good. Ashley came to Placerville ward. Elder Finnerty and I had a meeting with Stake President Weston (who has been a mission president and also was in our mission presidency when I came into the mission) and a few high councilors. In the YSA ward Lauren's baptism was announced, Stryder came to church, Kurt and Ian blessed the sacrament, and Bryce brought his friend Jason.

Life is good!

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628