Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, June 4, 2012

41

This week we had zone conference so we gathered with other missionaries from around the mission to learn from our leaders and our mission president for a day. I saw Elder Forster, my trainer! He is going home in August, and when a missionary leaves they bear their testimony in the zone conference before they leave. So, he did, it was cool. Maybe by the time he leaves I'll be training my own "boy," and Elder Forster will be a "grandfather." I really don't want to serve in any other leadership positions like district leader or zone leader, but I would like to train at some point on my mission. Our zone conference was great, and I evaluated myself and my work and have focused on some things that I need to work at being better. Yep, being a missionary is great.
 
One thing that we are working on is our goal setting. For a couple months now we have been setting goals each week that will stretch us, but they're not to far to reach. Our lessons and other "key indicators" have been steadily increasing, and this week we have been blessed to have taught a lot. I love teaching. I love guiding others to something that I love, and I love the gospel. We have added new investigators at least once a week. I love the wards I'm serving and the people here. This area is the best.
 
Steve! He finished the B of M this week! As he did he fasted. He is so sincere. Steve really wants to know. We asked him how he felt about baptism and he said he feels like he hasn't received his answer yet. We talked about the spiritual experiences he's had with us, as he's read the B of M, as he's come to church, but he wants to know. I reminded him of the promise in Moroni 10:4 that his prayers will be answered. I told him that I feel like his prayers are being answered. He wants to keep learning more and keep reading. He mentioned that he wants to go over some parts of the Book of Mormon again and would like an audio copy of D&C. Dang it, this is taking forever! But I guess the Lord knows what he's doing. Steve will get there, he's been on the edge for so long. Missionary work is work, man. I never would have guessed how much effort this takes. I study and pray for Steve every day, to know what we can do to help him the best, what will help him progress and build his faith.
 
Life is good!

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628