Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

45

Wow, what a great week. Forth Hoyt was baptized and confirmed on Thursday! It was such a happy meeting. It's incredible to see the joy in someone's face who has just made that sacred covenant with our Heavenly Father to follow Christ. The meeting was great -- mostly close family and friends came, and Elder Crager and I spoke on receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and baptism.
 
The other day we talked to a less-active member who grew up in Moab. The last name was Robison, and I guess his brother still lives there in LaSal. It was cool to talk about familiar sights and places.
 
Yesterday we got our transfer calls. I'm going to North Stockton! My new companion is Elder Gurr. I'll miss Amador County, but I'm happy for change. I look forward to serving with E. Gurr. And by the way, I'll be on bike in my new area for the first time on my mission :)
 
Today Elder Crager and I got up before the sun to attended the temple with Br Fedena. We took the drive to Folsom and arrived with plenty of time before the first endowment session. I love the temple. It is such a happy, peaceful place where we are able to learn from the Spirit. It was a good ending and beginning to these chapters on my mission. I actually met Elder Gurr after the session in the dressing room at the temple. Cool, huh?
 
Well, I'll let you know more about my new area next week. Love ya!

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628