Welcome to my weekly letter page! I am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sacramento, California.

Monday, January 28, 2013

76

This week has been awesome! I LOVE Elder Finnerty. He is from Draper, Utah. He has been out for just under a year, same as a favorite previous companion E. Gurr. We are hard working and exactly obedient. We love the work and set goals and make plans for our area. In our zone they split an area and sent four new sisters to be trained by two experienced sister missionaries, Sis. Loli and Sis. Solomon. The work is hastening!

Elder Finnerty and I live with a member family in the Placerville ward, the Morris's. Br. and Sis. Morris have one 16yo son at home and one son on a mission in Brazil. They have older kids too. We live in their guest bedroom and have a bathroom and share their kitchen. We have access to their weight set downstairs and we get up early and run every morning too. I love it! It's kinda like living back at home with your mom and dad. The only thing that's hard about it is we have very little cell phone coverage there, so we have to make all our calls to the zone and APs through the Morris's landline. We love the Morris's.



On Saturday we went on a 24hr exchange with our APs Elder Haufano and Smith. I went with E. Haufano in the valley. They serve in the Carmichael Stake, and that night the stake had an activity. Well guess who is in the California Carmichael Stake?! More of my cousins! This time they're from my mom's side. The man to my right in the picture is my great uncle Brent Hale (my grandma's brother) and two of his sons. On my left are Halls and Harrisons. So cool! I love family.

On Sunday Elder Finnerty and I were blessed. We had 4 investigators come to the YSA ward and 2 to the Placerville ward. Lauren made a huge sacrifice to come. Many of her friends at work have noticed a change in Lauren and don't approve of her becoming a member of the church. They complain that she doesn't drink and hang out with them anymore. They told her that if she came to church yesterday they would not be friends with her. Lauren was SO close to not coming, but she knows that it's true. Church was an answer to her prayers. I am so glad that Lauren is becoming truly converted. She is amazing, and we appreciate her.

--
Elder Chris Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris won't be able to reply to comments posted here at this time, so you can send thoughts and replies to:

Elder Christopher Andrew
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628